As of January 1st 2015 OSHA has changed requirements for reporting work related fatalities or severe injuries. In the past, employers were required to report all fatalities and or when three or more workers were hospitalized during the same incident. The new law requires:
- Employers are required to report all work related fatalities within 8 hours, and
- Employers are required to report all inpatient hospitalization, amputations and loss of an eye within 24 hours of finding out about the incident.
The new reporting requirements are intended to help prevent further severe injuries and fatalities by identifying the problem and taking preventative measures.
3 Ways for Reporting an Incident:
• Call 1-800-321-6742 (24 hour hotline);
• Call the closest OSHA Area Office; and
• Report online using http://www.osha.gov/report_online (coming soon).
For more information visit the OSHA website or contact: