We track upcoming environmental and site development regulations that may impact our clients and wanted to share a list of upcoming NJ environmental regulations that may impact you:
- Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) Board - Rules will be published in the January 5th 2015 NJ Register. The comment period ends March 5, 2015 and the public hearing is scheduled for February 17, 2015.
- NJDEP Guidance Documents - NJDEP provided update on various Guidance Documents:
- The Capping Guidance has been completed and is available.
- The comment period is over for:
- Off-Site Sources
- NJDEP is working on guidance for:
- Comingled Plumes
- Child Care Centers
- Performance Monitoring for In-Situ GW Treatment
- Response to Catastrophic Events document
- Clean Fill Guidance - Industry Stakeholders and NJDEP exchanged language on how virgin fill from licensed quarries should be treated. The Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ) participated in an industry meeting at the NJ Builders Association (NJBA) to work on develop proposed approaches. The divisive issue is separating quarry materials from the "clean fill" definition. Stakeholders hope to meet with NJDEP soon to continue the dialogue. NJBA is leading this effort.
- NJDEP Cleanup Metrics - NJDEP shared the following program-wide cleanup metrics:
- 13,902 active cases
- 10,449 active LSRP cases
- 7 RAOs invalidated
- 162 RAOs withdrawn by LSRPs
- New LSRP Regulations - NJDEP will require assignment of LSRPs for sites with institutional controls because reports/information are not being submitted on a biennial basis as required; NJDEP believes assigning LSRPs may remedy the issue.
- Proposed revisions to the Coastal Rules, Flood Hazard Area Regulations and Freshwater Wetlands Regulations - revisions are expected to improve the Site remediation process for LSRPs by streamlining certain Land Use approvals for Brownfield Redevelopment projects.
If you have any questions about these regulations or would like to discuss them in more detail, please contact:
Rick Shoyer, LSRP
Turnersville, NJ Office