The following regulatory changes affecting major facilities and SRP licensing requirements were published in the New Jersey Register on January 5, 2015:
- Major Facilities subject to NJAC 7:27:22 will have their annual emission fees increased by 1.58% per the calculated Consumer Price Index (CPI). The emission fee for 2015 is $115.77/ton. The ton rate is multiplied by the total tons emitted during the calendar year 2013 (1/1/13 through 12/31/13). The fee is due to NJDEP by January 31, 2015.
- New Jersey Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board (7:26I) rules to oversee the licensing and performance of the LSRPs. These rules encompass the following:
- Licensing of LSRPS, including eligibility requirements and examinations;
- Fees to be imposed on and collected by the Board including annual fees and licensing fees;
- Continuing Education of LSRPs, including the continuing education requirements each LSRP must meet and the criteria for approval of Continuing Education Credits for continuing education programs and activities;
- Auditing of LSRPs by the Board, including how LSRPs shall be selected for audit;
- The rules of professional conduct that LSRPs must follow;
- The procedures for disciplinary proceedings including the filing of complaints; investigation of complaints by the Board, actions the Board may take relative to complaints and violations, and hearing requirements;
- The procedures for adjudicatory proceedings; and
- The prohibition against retaliatory action.
There is a hearing at NJDEP’s Trenton Office February 17, 2015 and comments are due by March 6, 2015.
If you would like to discuss these regulatory changes, please contact one of our New Jersey offices: