The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) is granting two year extensions to meet the May 7, 2014 Remedial Investigations for certain sites. This new law extends the time to complete remedial investigations of certain contaminated sites. Non-compliance with this law may result in NJDEP invoking their authorization for Direct Oversight of the remediation.
The deadline to apply for the extension is March 7th and Advanced GeoServices’ New Jersey LSRP team can assist you with determining if your site is affected by this regulation, applying for this extension, and helping with compliance to meet extension requirements, which are:
• A licensed site remediation professional has been retained;
• Required remediation has been completed;
• All required documentation up to this point has been submitted to NJDEP;
• The entity funding the site has been established and a fund has been set up;
• All fees owed to the NJDEP have been paid; and
• All applicable annual fees have been paid.
To further clarify this deadline extension process, NJDEP has created a webpage with great information: http://www.nj.gov/dep/srp/timeframe/extension.html.
Our New Jersey LSRP team members can help walk you through this complicated process and ensure you are in compliance with the Site Remediation Reform Act. Contact us so we can help: