Advanced GeoServices will be exhibiting at the Utility Solid Waste Activities Group (USWAG) Decommissioning Workshop in Houston, TX at the end of September.
USWAG is an organization that focuses on solid and hazardous waste issues on behalf of the utility industry. Formed in 1978, USWAG is comprised of 110 utility operating companies, energy companies and industry associations, addressing the regulation of utility wastes, byproducts and materials while protecting human health and the environment.
The workshop will highlight:
- Regulatory Aspects and Risk Mitigation
- Decommissioning Old Urban Electrical Substations
- Substation Environmental Assessments
- Assessment and Remediation of Herbicides and PCBs during Substation Decommissioning
- Substation Decommissioning
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Environmental Due Diligence and Liability Management Associated with Power Plant Property Transfer Projects
- Environmental Risk Allocation Approaches for Power Plant Decommissioning
- Developing Cost Effective Strategies for Pre-Demolition Assessment at Coal Fired Power Plants
- Remediation Planning, Regulatory Approach and Implementation Considerations for Soil and Groundwater Impacts Associated with Duke Energy’s Plant Retirement and Decommissioning Program
- Power Plant Closures
- Coal Decommissioning
- Incorporating Environmental Remediation Factors into Decommissioning Plans
- Management of PCBs in Building Materials
- PCB Remediation of Power Plant Water Treatment Building,
- PCB Forensics
If you have questions regarding coal ash management and power generating facility decommissioning of sites, please contact:
Chris Reitman, P.E.
Vice President & Principal
Veronica Foster, P.E.
Senior Project Consultant