The Brownfields Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE) is issuing a Call for Ideas for the 2017 Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop which will be held on March 15, 2017 at the New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ. The theme this year is "Driving Revitalization Sustainably: identifying sustainable goals and strategies for revitalizing their communities and brownfields". This event is the premier metropolitan workshop on identifying sustainable goals and strategies for revitalizing communities and brownfields.
The NSCW's goal is to break new ground, offer new ideas, and posit new concepts on the topics of sustainability, collaboration and leverage, contamination, resiliency, brownfields, technology, and their impact on community revitalization. Our past events have been attended by representatives from government, higher education, professional organizations, and laboratories, as well as attorneys, developers, contractors, and consultants.
NSCW is a unique event - PowerPoint presentations are sparse and image-only; speakers are concise, yet informative; and, there is plenty of time in each session for dialogue between attendees, speakers, and moderators. Come be a part of the conversation!
The Call for Ideas is for topics to address broad or niche areas; research projects or case studies; management and policy challenges; and local, regional, or national issues.
What Topics are You Looking For?
- Hot Topics in the areas of: Environmental Law, Insurance, Funding, Financing, and Technology
- Smart Cities including the use of Leveraging Information Technology and Analytics (where added benefit was achieved in the community)
- Sustainable Development, Strategies & Practices
- Resiliency (Adaption for Industry, Communities, Land Banks, Insurances)
- Sea Level Rise (Insurance Changes, Legal Opportunities, Financial Challenges, Community Planning & Structures)
- Politics and Policies for Brownfields and Remediation- Local, County and State
- Brownfields (New Regulations, Innovative Approach, Financial Funding, Success Projects)
- Brownfields Redevelopment: Lessons Learned/Best Practices, Utilizing Information Technology to Support Planning & Marketing of Brownfield Properties
- Stormwater Management Challenges and Solutions on Brownfield Redevelopment Projects
- Urban Watersheds and How They Affect Brownfield Redevelopment
- Public-Private Partnerships (show case projects where additional benefit was achieved)
- Waterfront (Re)Development & Waterways
- Interagency Collaboration, Leveraging & Innovative Financing
- Energy & Smart Growth Development
- Green & Gray Sustainable Infrastructure
How Do I Submit a Session Idea?
You may submit multiple ideas. Submission is completed on-line and must include:
- Session Title;
- Session Presenters: Conference Organizers are looking for a multidisciplinary panel of strong speakers that represent various geographic regions, sectors, perspectives and gender diversity. Please do not submit session proposals that include all or most of the speakers coming from only one organization, agency or company. Number of speakers (not to exceed 3 speakers & 1 moderator);
- Interactive Component of Your Session: Sessions will be 50 minutes; we encourage an innovative, interactive format that actively engage participants beyond typical Q&A at the end of the session;
- Learning Objectives: (describe up to three learning objectives or "take-aways," 20 words or less each);
- Presenter Information: Please include full name, organization, phone number and email address);
- Panel Diversity Considerations: Succinctly identify how your proposed panel of speakers represents diversity in: (1) regional geographic coverage, (2) discipline, (3) perspective, and (4) gender. One to two sentences per speaker is sufficient, to indicate each speakers' diversity; and
- Suggested Sponsor for the Topic. Preference will be given to panels with firm sponsorship commitments, however exceptions will be made for non-profits and governmental entities. Workshop Partner Sponsorship levels are as follows: Breakout Sessions $2700 for an exclusive partnership (single sponsor), or $1600 each for two sponsors, or $1200 each for 3-4 sponsors.
Submissions are due by September 2, 2016. To submit, click on this link for instructions and this link to complete the application form. Accepted presenters will be notified in October 2016. All accepted presenters are required to submit an abstract and short bio. Benefits include free registration, recognition for the sponsors, and name in the program.
Continuing Education Credits
New This Year - More Continuing Education Credits For You Being Applied For LSRP, LEP and LSPs, PEs and CLEs for (NJ, PA, DE and NY), PGs (PA), and CEPs.
For more information please contact:
Skelly Holmbeck at email@example.com or 610.840.9100
Rick Shoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856.354.2273